- INTRODUCTION 1.1 GENERAL The purpose of this procedure is to describe the Self-Launching of Launching Gantry through station having all platforms constructed and launching over 15m span in Ho Chi Minh City Metro Line 1 Project 1.2 SCOPE OF WORK This procedure describes the following operations:
- Self-launching of Launching Gantry through station having all platforms constructed
- Self-launching of Launching Gantry over 15m span 1.3 DEFINITIONS LG Launching Gantry WT Winch Trolley MG Main Girder SB Spreader Beam FS Front Support FH Front Head RS Rear Support RH Rear Head AS Auxiliary Support HS Hanging System CG Centre of Gravity
- RELEVANT SPECIFICATIONS, STANDARDS AND DOCUMENTS
• Self-launching through stations completed & 15m span – as attached
• Launching Girder – Use & Maintenance Manual
UMRTL1-CP2-VDGN-CWS-OMM-00005 • Calculation of Front Support Short Leg
- CONSTRUCTION PROCEDURE 3.1 LAUNCHING THROUGH COMPLETED STATION In this case all the platforms of the station are completed in continuity of the erected U-girder span like the sketch as below:
The Launching Gantry is just passing through the station by taking support on the platforms on some defined points. Refer to kinematics drawing in Attachment #2 showing the steps of the launching. 3.2 LAUNCHING OVER 15M SPAN 15m spans are the approach spans of the station, they are always adjacent to the station. The operation to erect these spans is a part of the launching through station. It’s shown in the document attached to this procedure. Refer to kinematics drawing in Attachment #2. 3.3 LG FRONT SUPPORT ADAPTATION Usually during launching, the Front Support is connected directly to the pier head. For launching through station, the Front Support need to land on the existing platform which is higher than pier head level. The Front Support Leg shall be modified to adapt with station platform level. Refer to drawing FVR-TEC-DWG-3240-010-12 in Attachment #2. The detail of the Front Support Short Leg shall be submitted separately.
Load transfer & erection procedure for the span adjacent to station will be developed in a separate method statement. 4. RESOURCES TO BE USED 4.1 QUIPMENT TO BE USED Equipment to be deployed for the LG self-launching.
No. Description Quantity Unit 1 Setting-out instruments 1 set 2 Drill 1 set 3 Grinder 9” 1 set 4 Grinder 4” 1 set 5 Hand tools 1 set 6 Jacks 1 set 7 Pump 1 set 8 Chain 1 set 9 Slings 1 set 10 Shackle 1 set 11 Safety signs 1 set 12 Hoisting equipment 1 set
Note: Above stated quantity of equipments could be changed if necessary. 4.2 MANPOWER TO BE DEPLOYED Manpower to be deployed for self-launching as per sketch below.
Note: Number of manpower could be changed according to site condition. 4.3 MATERIALS TO BE USED Materials to be used for self-launching as per below. No. Description Sources 1 Hydraulic oil DIN 51524/part 2 June 1979 ISO VG ref AGIP IP BP CASTROL ESSO MOBIL SHELL CHEVRON H-LP 46 46 OSO 46 Hydrus 46 Energol HPL 46 Hyspin HPL 46 Nuto H 46 DTE 25 Tellus 46 EP Hydraulic Oil 46 2 Diesel oil Local supplier
- INSPECTION TESTING PLAN Inspection sheet will be kept for all critical activities particularly for the positioning of the launching gantry supports, the stroke level and pressure of the supports jacks. For self-launching through Thao Dien station: Refer to Inspection Sheet of Launching Girder – Launching through Thao Dien station Checklist ref. FVR-QUA-WIR-4440-024-A.
- OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY CONTROL The Hazard and Risk Assessment (HRA) has been carried out in the form of the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) to include those activities which are specially associated with the self-launching of Launching Gantry. These are reviewed by the HSE Officer to ensure that all the hazards have been identified and adequate control measures are in place. All personnel shall wear the appropriate PPE at all times.
6.1 JOB SAFETY ANALYSIS (JSA) / HAZARD ANALYSIS & RISK ASSESSMENT (HRA) / SAFE WORK METHOD STATEMENT (SWMS) The JSA has been completed by the Technical Department and has been reviewed by the HSE Department. It should also be reviewed by the work crew prior to activities being performed. The document has identified the hazards associated with the activities involved in the self-launching of launching gantry and details the measures to be adopted to minimize or eliminate those risks identified. Refer to Attachment #1 6.2 TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT All tools and equipment for the task shall be in safe condition and fit for its purpose. Where applicable, registration papers, certifications shall be produced and tests certificates will be available for inspection. At the start of each shift, equipment shall be visually checked for mechanical and structural soundness. All equipment shall be carefully examined and all hoses and couplings checked for the leaks and general condition. 7. ATTACHMENTS ATTACHMENT #1: HAZARD AND RISK ASSESSMENT (HRA) ATTACHMENT #2: SELF-LAUNCHING THROUGH STATIONS COMPLETED & 15M SPAN ATTACHMENT #3: SYSTRA’S REPLY TO REQUEST FOR INFORMATION